Corporate Amendments



An amendment to your Corporation or Limited Liability Company is a formal filing with the state of registration that officially changes details of your business structure. Amendments can be very simple or very complex.

Here are some examples:
  • Name change. Let’s say you decide that your company name no longer describes your business. Instead of forming a whole new corporation or LLC, you can elect to simply “amend” the name.
  • Stock change. When you need to raise additional capital to expand your corporation, you can issue stock. The amount of authorized stock can be increased by filing an amendment with the state. The price for stock amendments vary for each company. To get started please complete the online order form.
  • Change in Directors or Members. If one of the directors or members listed on the Articles of Incorporation or Organization leaves, or a new one is added, you can update that information by filing an amendment.

You should know that filing an amendment does not change your Federal Tax ID, since your company is still the same legal entity. However, the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) must be notified of any name amendments.

Need an amendment? Let us handle it.

A Certificate of Amendment must be filed with the Secretary of State. It will state what is being changed, how the change was adopted and when it will be effective. American Incorporators can handle this quickly and efficiently for you.

Our services include:

  • Name search
  • Preparing and filing the Certificate of Amendment
  • Payment of appropriate filing fees and recording costs

Additional information





There are no reviews yet.

Be the first to review “Corporate Amendments”
No ratings have been submitted for this product yet.